Ext mreorero

 I'd imagine there would be a variety of views on this, as it is a very specific question. I'll give my view. I am an anarchist, but not a communist, because I do not think anarchy precludes some of what is described as market activity.


I think the student loan system has some principal problems, but I don't think it is all bad.


I think the idea that the people who immediately benefit from the education should pay more is a good one. I also think the social structures which underly the system should recognize the collective force too -- that there are social benefits from having a better educated population.


For that reason, I support immediate reforms that place an individual cost to obtaining education, while limiting the ability of others to profit off these costs. I think student loans should be primarily public, non-profit and low interest. A system where one is required to give a certain percentage of one's income over x number of years and y income to accomodate for the individual benefit recieved seems like a good immediate reform in a class-based society, where certain people don't have the same opportunities to access that higher education. It is the most redistributive system, with the least burden on those who don't access tertiary education.


In a classless society making the costs fully collective (free at the point of use) should not be a big problem though, because the profits and risks are also probably collectivized. So as class institutions were deconstructed, I would be more likely to support a free at the point of use system.


My major concern is that the working class doesn't end up subsidizing middle class people who are more likely to benefit from tertiary education. Income-based assessments are useful for this reason. It seems to me that while many countries have free at the point of use education, they also have grade-based limitations on who can attend a certain program, and the issue with this is that grades can often be determined by class, and the varying non-academic problems one faces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exh 34903490309j095

Exh Amthy why

Exh Isdklg gtf